In that whole year line-up, I forgot we went to Canada. How could I forget that? Jonathan called it our "baby moon". I tried to deny it, perhaps because I like to think we did things together before Levi came and will continue to do so afterwards, so this is just a road trip like any other. Enjoy the summary by picture…it was wonderful. I love road trips with Jonathan, even through a few meltdowns on my part (forgive me, I was 23 weeks pregnant at the time). We started in Scranton. Yikes. Just kidding, but we did spend an overnight there on our way up and the only site we visited was Sheetz. After that, we headed up to the Thousand Islands (US side); then to Ottawa, Montreal, and Quebec City and back through Montreal on the way home. Our 2012 Subaru has already had its 30,000 mile tune up…and we've only had it for just over18 months!
Of course there are TONS more pictures and things we saw that aren't included (I'm doing my best to quickly catch us up to Levi). If you care to see more, or are planning a trip to Canada yourself and want our trip plans, just let me know.
We'll start with Thousand Islands (Alexandria Bay, NY) and Ottawa.
 |
| Alexandria Bay…Boldt Castle in the background |
 |
| Boldt Castle |
 |
| Start Ottawa: Chateau Laurier and the locks, huge place for cyclists |
 |
| Parliament |
 |
| Library of Parliament…beautiful inside and out |
 |
| the only RCMP we saw in uniform…we saw their horses in training... |
 |
| Parliament and Chateau Laurier from the other side (I think we're on the French side?) |
 |
| On the Mackenzie King Estate (I think this is the Pink Lake?)…MacKenzie King was a Prime Minister in Canada. Interesting man, estate was not as interesting but a beautiful escape from the city. |
 |
| Canadian Museum of History…where we learned that the US is older than Canada, and that Canadians have a slightly confusing heritage (Canada is both a Federal Parliamentary Democracy and a Constitutional Monarchy). |
 |
| Leave it to the Museum of Modern Art |
 |
| Notre Dame in Ottawa |
 |
| Just for your amusement. |
No comments:
Post a Comment