Friday, January 6, 2012

I'll be home for Christmas...


 This is the first picture taken, the day after I got home.  Dear Jonathan went with me to get my hair cut and drove me everywhere I needed to go.  What a blessing to have such a sweet husband, one who loves me, helps me, and wants to be by my side.

The next few pictures our from Christmas this past year (2011...Happy New Year!).  Sorry to catch up, again.
We are firm believers in getting a live Christmas tree each year...we have developed a better-buying strategy for next year, but a lovely fir we did get.

The ornaments all have various origins, but all have meaning (I'm not one for simply purchasing sets of ornaments or, if I did, they are not longer on this tree): cookies and cooking utensils from my sister, many "first Christmas" from all family members, the decorated balls from my bridal shower (the blue and silver), silly ones from friends, ones that represent the places we've traveled together or endured apart (Kuwait, for example).  What a blessing to look at the lovely Christmas tree and be reminded of all the blessings we have, before we even see the items sitting wrapped underneath.




And this chair you see...this was my favorite gift.  Not only is it a beautiful piece of furniture with great nurturing value for our future children, it was a thought from my husband to welcome me home.  It was made by my father-in-law (with an hour or two of hands-on from Jonathan) and his class, none of whom he allowed to perch on it before I took the first sit.  The cushions, of course, are the beautiful and delicate handiwork of my mother-in-law.  So once this makes the move to DC with us, you'll all know the wonderful workings behind this chair, and the incredible way my husband and family care for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment