![]() |
| PACKED! |
It was suggested by a fellow Navy person that I think of R&R just as a vacation, just like taking regular leave to go on a trip, not as "going home" because, at the end of it, I have to come back, which is basically like coming back to work. That being said, I will try to train my mind as such, and I think Jonathan is helping me with that by planning all kinds of adventures and trips so its more like vacation than just hanging out at home (though I'd be perfectly content doing that, as well). You'll see the results of that planning throughout the rest of the month, I am sure.
The interesting part of traveling is having to do it in uniform. If you've ever worn a uniform in a public place, you understand the amount of stares and gaped jaws that are directed at you. And then there is the public gratitude, which takes a lot of getting used to when my view is that what I do here is my job. So to those people who thank service members in the airport and serve us by praying for, writing to, encouraging, and volunteering with organizations that support us, thank you so much.
Please continue to pray for us during this time, that both Jonathan and I would be able to rest and relax, that we would find rest in the Lord, that we would meditate on his word and be filled anew every day we are together. Pray also that we would be given the strength and the grace to continue handling this length of time, to continue caring for one another even when we are having trouble ourselves. Thank you for continuing to look out for us, family and friends, and supporting us through this deployment. I realize it more every day, that God is good and does good. We are so very blessed!

No comments:
Post a Comment